Skip to main content

A New Age

Broadband is the dial tone of the 21st century.

Derek Slater, Google

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paradigm Switches

Sometimes in life, you just need to switch things up. You realize you've been doing things either just a little less efficiently or outright wrong and you just need to make a jump into something different... I hit this point over the last year and finally had the guts to make a major change. Yes, I bought a Mac Book Pro. Some background: I've been a Windows (and DOS before that) user since roughly the 5th grade (that would be 1984/1985-ish, eeek) and part time Linux user on and off since 1994.  Other than two years in college, I've used those platforms (and a little Solaris) exclusively -- that's 25 years of experience.  Twenty-five years of learning shortcuts, time savings, and overall comfort on a computing platform. All that experience, shaken up and shelved for now.  Well, sorta.  This is what I think so far: Pros: I LOVE the hardware.  Seriously. Dual video cards (one for low power, one for high performance) Upwards to 8 hours of battery life...

Favorite TV Shows of All Time

This is in response to: http://www.myextralife.com/sitenews/my-favorite-tv-shows-of-all-time/ The Simpsons Friends The Cosby Show Cheers House Mash Family Ties Nova Tonight Show (with Johnny Carson) Law and Order This Old House Alias As you can see, I was a kid in the '80's.